Clearing browser history can be beneficial for several reasons, like for example, it helps clear cache and other excessive files, as well as hides your search history from third parties. Also, clearing browser is a great way to speed up Mac and boost its performance. Since it is necessary to know how to delete history on Mac, we picked up some simple and convenient ways that everyone can use.
Before you learn how to delete history from your favorite browser, let us introduce MacFly Pro, a brand-new cleaning app for Mac. This application works perfectly when it comes to cleaning and making your Mac better. The tool removes duplicate and temporary files, user and browser cache, unwanted applications, and clears browser and chat history. MacFly Pro is a good solution to get rid of junk on a Mac and optimize the computer’s performance.
Below, you will find a couple of effective methods for removing search history on Safari, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
How to Clear History on Safari Mac
The first web browser we’re dealing with today is Safari, the Mac OS X default browser. To open or delete browsing history, you should take the following steps:
- Open the History tab in the upper corner of Safari window with a click. Then, tap “Show All History” in the drop-down menu. Now you see the list of sites that you’ve visited recently in a chronological order. You can delete a particular site by right-clicking and pressing Remove.
- To clear all search history, you should tap on “Clear history” at the top of the window.
- Next, you see a pop-up window appear with a choice of a time period that will be cleared.
- Select the time period you like and click the button to delete the web history.
Clear Web History in Chrome on Mac
Now, we will show you a list of steps to follow in order to remove the search history in Google Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on your Mac.
- Press Cmd + Y and open the History window. Or, you may click the icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner near the star icon. Then, tap “History” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Clear Browsing Data” on the left.
- Now, you see a pop-up window coming up, where you choose which sites or time periods you want to delete.
- Click the “Clear Browsing Data” blue button and clear all website history in Chrome from your Mac.
Clear Web History in Firefox on Mac
Finally, we can clear the search history in Firefox on your Mac. For this, you should:
- In the top menu bar, open “History”.
- Choose Show All History.
- Select the time period that you need to clear, or you may choose to delete all browsing history.
- Now, select the entries you want to remove and tap Delete. In case you decide to remove only a specific link, right-click on it and press Delete This Page.
To sum up, now you know how to clear browser history on a Mac. But, let us tell you the last valuable tip: to clear any browser history quickly and properly, you should use the smart MacFly Pro. This reliable application will not only delete the web history on Firefox, Safari, Chrome and any other browser that you use. It also enhances the potential of your computer and maintains it in a good running condition.